In this Policy, when we use “we“, “us” or “our“, we refer to Tiong Aik Construction Pte Ltd (the “COMPANY”) which is collecting your personal data, or which is operating the website which you are accessing or using.
COMPANY respects your privacy. We aim to protect the personal data that are provided to us. “Personal Data” refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access. This is as per defined in the Personal Data Protection Act (amended) 2020 in Singapore.
When you consent to provide your personal data to us, you warrant and represent to us the personal data which you disclose to us is accurate and complete; and where you volunteer personal data of another person to us, that you are authorized by such other person to disclose such personal data to us, and that such personal data is accurate and complete.
This policy does not supersede or replace any other consents you may have previously or separately provided to us in respect of your personal data. This set of Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.
1. Collection & Consent of Personal Data
1.1. We will collect your personal data in one or more of the following ways:
1.1.1. When you fill in an application form, a registration form, or any other forms related to one or more of our products or services;
1.1.2. When you post a feedback, or interact with our customer service officers, via emails, telephone calls or at our centres;
1.1.3. When you submit an application for employment / internship to us, or when you provide documents or information, including resumes/CVs, in connection with such applications;
1.1.4. When you use any of our services including establishing any online accounts with us;
1.1.5. When you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
1.1.6. When you respond to our promotions, campaigns or other initiatives or attend our events;
1.1.8. When you visit our websites, we may automatically collect standard information tracked by most other websites (e.g. Your IP address) for cybersecurity record purposes;
1.1.9. When you take part in any contest, survey or promotion conducted by us and/or our business partners (including submission of photographs);
1.1.10. When you are within the properties that we own or premises where we operate our businesses which has live CCTV recording for security purposes or photo taking or video recording at events;
1.1.11. When we receive information about you from third party social networking services when you choose to connect with those services; and
1.1.12. When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons; and/or when we collect your Personal Data by other lawful means.
2. Purpose for Collection, Use & Disclosure of your personal data
2.1. Your Personal Data may be collected, used and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
2.1.1. To verify accuracy of your personal data;
2.1.2. To assess and evaluate your suitability for employment (if you are a job
2.1.3. To respond and deal with enquiries, complaints and other customer-care
matters or otherwise communicate with you;
2.1.4. To monitor customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee
training and performance evaluation;
2.1.5. To manage payment, billing, account, credit checks and debt-recovery matters;
2.1.6. To send you information, promotions, updates, marketing and advertising
materials in relation to our products and services.
2.1.7. To manage, develop and improve our business and operations to serve you better;
2.1.8. To personalize your experience at our customer touch points;
2.1.9. To carry out market research and customer surveys;
2.1.10. To conduct investigations or audits or carry out crime and fraud prevention and risk management activities;
2.1.11. To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
2.1.12. To enforce our legal rights and obligations;
3. For other purposes for which we have obtained your consent
3.1. Your Personal Data may be disclosed for the purposes indicated above to our officers and employees, third parties, affiliates, service providers, advisors which include without limitation, the following persons or entities:
3.1.1. Banks, credit card companies, and payment vendors;
3.1.2. Debt collection agencies;
3.1.3. Credit information companies;
3.1.4. Logistics and courier services companies;
3.1.5. Call centre service providers
3.1.6. Our business partners and affiliates;
3.1.7. Relevant government regulators or authorities or law enforcement agencies
3.1.8. Our insurers and advisors, including consultants, trainers, assessors, auditors
3.1.9. Data intermediaries; and
3.1.10. Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
4. Except for relevant government regulators and authorities or law enforcement agencies, we will ensure that the parties listed above receiving your personal data are
4.1. Under duty of confidentiality to us with respect to the use, holding, processing, retention and/or transfer of your Personal Data; and
4.1.2. Have the need to know or handle such personal data
5. Security of Personal Data
1. 5.1. We have put in placed appropriate physical & IT security measures which continually strives to meet industry standards to protect our possession & control of all personal data against unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying & disposal. However, even though we endeavour to ensure our internal systems are secured, we would like to remind you that that all communications sent via Internet (E.g. Email & Website) cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure and thus you are providing your personal data via Internet at your own risk. The COMPANY will not hold any responsibility or liability for the confidentiality and security of any information you send via Internet.
6. Withdrawal of Consent
1. 6.1. You have the right at any time to indicate your choice to us to withdraw your consent for the continued use & disclosure of your personal data (to a reasonable extent and as permitted by PDPA) via one or more of the following means:
– By writing to our Data Protection Officer.
– Unsubscribe options as stated on our email or other marketing messages.
2. 6.2. In withdrawing your consent, you acknowledge that, depending on the purpose(s) that you have indicated your withdrawal of consent for, we may not be able to provide or continue providing certain services to you. We may also have to cease such provisions accordingly without any liability to the COMPANY.
3. 6.3. Please note that it may take up to 30 working days for any request for withdrawal of consent to be processed and updated in our systems.
4. 6.4 The COMPANY will notify the individual of the likely consequences of withdrawing consent.
7. The sharing of your information
We may share your information with:
• Companies in the TA Corporation Ltd as the COMPANY is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TA Corporation Ltd
• Partner and vendor relationships that enable us to deliver the services you have subscribed to
• Regulatory agencies and other government agencies, based on local laws and regulations
• Institutions conducting market research
The above parties receive your information only for relevant purposes (see those mentioned in this Policy) or to protect the interests of our client and stakeholders.
We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore, (except for employment purposes, if you are applying for an overseas position, or if you need to travel or be based overseas). However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
If you wish to make (a) a request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the contact details provided below.
Please note that you will be charged at SGD$20 /hour, subject to the complexity of the request. The fees charged for an access request shall only be calculated on man-hour basis to complete the request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
We will respond to your request within fourteen (14) business days depending on case to case basis. Should there be any circumstances where we are unable to provide you with any correction within the 14 days, our response may result in a longer response time of up to maximum thirty (30 days) with general reasons (excluding those not in the purview of PDPA aspect)
RENTENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data primarily for the duration to execute or maintain contractual agreement. Primarily, as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose to fulfil the contractual agreement for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
We will cease to use your personal data, and dispose all data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
We do install multiple analytics tracking for our business and marketing purposes. We do not store any of your personal data. For marketing purposes, should you decide to opt of any marketing related activities, please inform us in writing through our official (DPO) email address.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee the protection and security management of all personal data. Should you have any query, request or feedback relating to your Personal Data, please contact us at the following:-
For more information about the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act, please visit http://www.pdpc.gov.sg